Hillsborough River Eco-Centre
Community: Mount Stewart
A large Celtic cross commemorating the arrival of the Glenaladale Settlers from Scotland in 1772 marks the site of the pioneer cemetery on Route 2 at Scotchfort. The cemetery, in use from 1727 to 1812, holds the remains of early French settlers and Scottish immigrants. Many sandstone markers have weathered into illegibility but the Glenaladale family memorials and the commemorative cross are clearly marked.
© 2017 Island East Tourism Group, All Rights Reserved